1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please recommend a CMS for multi-user photo site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by carl_in_florida, Feb 10, 2007.

Lets say I have a site that is dedicated to pictures of user's tractors (not really). And I want them to be able to create an account and upload pictures of their tractors while categorizing the pictures (tires, red, industrial).

I want visitors to be able to browse by category. Or to visit a members gallery. I also want each user's gallery to maybe feature a picture of the user and a blurb about his/her tractor.

I don't want to upload a bunch of tractor photos on my own. I want the pics to be from people's own tractors.

Pretty basic.

I don't think I need a whole social network script for this.

Please post any ideas but please don't post a simple link to sourceforge and tell me there are lots of gallery scripts there. I know there are. I need a little more than a coppermine install.

Please don't pm me about my tractor site. This was just an example.

carl_in_florida, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  2. albemarle24

albemarle24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Carl

Subdreamer does that easily.

http://www.subdreamer.com/

http://www.subdreamer.org/

But what if we want the tractor enthusiasts to have limited features for free such as x number of pics, and options for more features at a paid level??

The paid features might be extra pics, a nice business or organizational profile including html, things like that.

albemarle24, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    my suggest is joomla . there is gallery component (like zoomgallery) that you can install easyly and free:D

trichnosis, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  4. carl_in_florida

carl_in_florida Active Member

Best Answers:

Subdreamer is paid software, right? I did not see a demo on the site that looked like what I wanted and there were links that did not work on the site. REally scary for a paid software site.

Joomla seems like such overkill. My experience with it is with one site that took me forever to setup (i never could figure out how to get rid of the next / previous page links).

carl_in_florida, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  5. albemarle24

albemarle24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Subdreamer is $100 if you retain their link in the footer. And I agree the collection of sites with so many dead links is not a smooth move on their part. :cool:

If you want to see a subdreamer site that has a gallery, visit www.commercial-fishing.org

This is another instance of SD, but no gallery - www.fresh-seafood.net

Like all software, I love and hate SD. Bottom line is SD is the best thing out there at the moment for what I need to do. Your case may or may not be similar.

albemarle24, Feb 14, 2007 IP