1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review My Designed Logos!!!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Raboo, May 3, 2009.

My Designs for "Windows Talk"!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 Design

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  2. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    3 Design
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 Design
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  3. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    5 Design
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 Design

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  4. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    7 Design
    [​IMG]

8 Design
    [​IMG]

9 Design
    [​IMG]

10 Design
    [​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  5. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    11th Design

[​IMG]

12th Design

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  6. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    12th logo with some font Effects:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5th Logo Re: Designed Again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  7. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    5th Logo Redesigned 2:

[​IMG]

Design 13
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Design 14
    [​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  8. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    Design 15
    [​IMG]
    Design 16
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  9. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    Design 17
    [​IMG]

Design 18
    [​IMG]

Design 18
    [​IMG]

Design 19
    [​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  10. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    Design 20
    [​IMG]

Design 21
    [​IMG]

Design 22
    [​IMG]

Design 23
    [​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  11. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    Design 24
    [​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  12. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    Design 25
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  13. Raboo

Raboo Member

Best Answers:
    Design 26:
    [​IMG]

End Here, If any one Like My logos then Feel Free to Contact me. I can Create good Logos for your Website , Blog, Forums etc.

Contact Me via: Contact Form

Raboo, May 3, 2009 IP
  14. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    Alrighty, I'll be frank. No offense intended here, I'm simply highlighting what I feel causes issues communication with the hope that you'll consider what I've said and work with your solutions until you find something that works better.

That said, lets do them one at a time:

Version 1

What this design features is a Cursor in a Circle. I don't know why it's in a circle. I feel that this logo offers nothing GREATER than having the cursor alone, and I believe that the cursor alone would make for a stronger logo because of it's silhouette.

I feel that the typography is weak because of the font weight. It's far too thin to be sturdy enough to survive screen resolution at small sizes. With the tagline you can't push it much smaller than it currently is, and keep it still readable - this means your logo has to stay huge, all the time. It's not very versatile in that respect.

Overall, the Circle is the strongest element, yet the least important. If a Windows cursor (which is white, compared to the Black cursor of other operating systems like linux, unix, mac) How could you emphasize the white cursor (if that's what you're trying to communicate) without losing it in all the shine and bling?

Design 2

From this logo, I get a very vague impression of a yin yang... or is it an 'n'..... or is it an '~'? I'm not really sure what this depicts, so it's missing a valuable chance to communicate. Again, the type is too weak and needs to be heavier, and enough with the shadow, I know the goal of the outer glow is to enhance legibility over diverse background colours, but it's too much. there's a reason branding comes in knockout versions of logos. I think it would be better if you have one with white text, and one with black or dark text for different backgrounds.

Design 3

I don't understand what this imagery is, it doesn't communicate very clearly to me anything related to Windows, or online discussion. To me it looks like a graphic from a game, some sort of fan or lift of something, I'm just not grasping it. same issues with the type as I had with the other two.

Design 4

Absolutely not. That's not your logo, and even though you've ensnared it in a circle with jaggies on the inside, Microsoft will still skin you and chop yo to bit if you try to use that in a professional capacity, and the way trademark law goes, they're REQUIRED to do it as soon as they become aware, or else they lose their trademark. sorry, you can't use their logo.

Design 5

I don't know if this is indeed from Windows Media Player, but that's the association I have with that blue arrow in my head. I instantly think of media, video, and not windows. This to me would be more suitable a concept for a video sharing site I would think. It either needs to be changed, or it needs something more. It's unresolved if it's for windows.

Design 6

I honestly have the feeling that this is a free photoshop brush. Maybe it's not, but that's not the greatest thing to have pop into my head when I first get to your website. Put lots of thought into your concept and make it your own, make it something brilliant, make it something unique to WindowsTalk. This star logo doesn't really apply, and could work with equal efficiency for any site. You can do better than this, for sure.

Design 7

ookay, far stretch, MSN uses a butterfly, you used a butterfly that's NOT the MSN butterfly. Abstract connection. You COULD make a great logo with a utterfly, but I feel that this isn't the final solution of that concept. It's FAR too light, and why are there stars there?

Design 8

I feel like this isn't necessary. This has nothing to do with the others, nothing to do (that I can see) with windows, and nothing to do with an online discussion community. I don't understand this at all.

Design 9

I'll be totally honest here, the shapes remind me of pen nibs, and the colours remind me of gay pride. The first thing that pops into my head is OutWrite, the gay writing club here in town.

Design 10

The image is squisjed and pixellated, but I think that's supposed to be a robotic arm holding a sign that has Windows Talk written in it in a very boring presentation. I'm not really sure what this is supposed to say to me.

Look, I tell you these things, this way, because I actually do want you to do better, and being honest is the only way you can fix these things. I may sound harsh at times here, but lets face it, any visitor to the site might think the same things, but you won't have a chance to talk to them and explain it like you do with me here. You need to keep working until you get a great solution.

Design is like fishing. There is a problem (no fish) and ther are tons of fish out there. Tons of bad fish, a bunch of good fish, but only a few GREAT fish. To me it feels like you're fishing at random here, there seems to be no reason or pattern behind your concepts. To me they seem random.

If you would like, I can use the design training I have to help walk you through the design process, and if you'll work *with* me on this, I'm sure together we can some up with one of those 'great' solutions, or at least a really really good one.

You in on this?

innovati, May 3, 2009 IP
  15. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    no no no, you CANNOT use Google Talk's logo. The only icons I recognize here that you have the right to use in this capacity are the Oxygen Icons Hammer and Wrench, but you're killing me here. Honestly.

This isn't acceptable to be using other people's intellectual property like this without the correct license or permission.

Create something of your own, make it from your own creativity and it will work better anyway!

innovati, May 3, 2009 IP
  16. Feizar

Feizar Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have u created those vector icons ? I dont think so, please create ur own stuff and use them, then designs would be better, also the text effects look blurry in some logos.

Feizar, May 3, 2009 IP
  17. MonarH

MonarH Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know about all the previus posts ...but i personally like most of them!

MonarH, May 4, 2009 IP
  18. IsaaCS

IsaaCS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I recognize a ton of those icons from across the web, and they are loaded in programs like rocket dock and object dock, most of them can be found at wincustomize.com. And most of them don't make sense anyways, so you should scrap all of this, ALL of it.

I'm going to be honest with you here, this is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

IsaaCS, May 4, 2009 IP
  19. soulofinfamy

soulofinfamy Banned

Best Answers:
    Yea, what you've got here isn't logos' they are poor text renditions with common icons.

soulofinfamy, May 10, 2009 IP
  20. ttheman

ttheman Banned

Best Answers:
    i like 3 Design

ttheman, May 11, 2009 IP