1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please tell me which is the BEST SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK SCRIPT! that I can buy

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Vel, Aug 24, 2011.

One that has the easiest use and can handle high traffic without causing the server to crash. I am looking for something also that allows you to keep the site, you just pay if anything one time fee or each year. Some of these are charging monthly and they close your site if you miss a payment. I am looking for a place where I can buy a social media network program that I can keep to use for my site and blog.

Are any of these good? or should I just hire a freelancer from sites like elance, guru, rentcorder.com to make me a custom site for a affordable price if possible?

dzoic.com
    phpfox.com
    socialengine.net
    saritasa.com
    iscripts.com
    socialgo.com
    onesite.com
    ning.com
    kickapps.com
    Wall.fm
    grou.ps

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    Vel, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  2. siocowiz

siocowiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can get one free! Use wordpress, and then install Buddypress! You're done!

siocowiz, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  3. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ilook, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  4. bookmytraining

bookmytraining Peon

Best Answers:
    Most know Drupal as one of the more popular open source content management systems available and Dolphin, from Boonex, is a popular free community-building application that is being used for a number of dating sites.So i believe they both are good

bookmytraining, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  5. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using Dolphin 7 (Boonex) for all my chat and dating sites and the script is working great. One of my site was averaging over 500 new members a day for quite a while, and the script held up. I also have a few Social Engine scripts that are doing okay. I would definitely check out these two scripts and see what you think.

jasonvan, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  6. tupacmo

tupacmo Peon

Best Answers:
    phpFox is a great script but if you are using wordpress than definitely use buddypress

tupacmo, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  7. Somers

Somers Guest

Best Answers:
    Tried buddypress.. seems like still need a lot of customization to get what I want. btw, how's phpfox licensing? Can you create multiple sites using a single license?

Somers, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  8. flithost

flithost Peon

Best Answers:
    socialengine.net
    saritasa.com

this is verry good

flithost, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  9. profanitytalker

profanitytalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    socialengine.net is the best social networking script out there.

profanitytalker, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  10. salmanshafiq

salmanshafiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    salmanshafiq, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  11. Illuin

Illuin Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the two best options today are SocialEngine and Buddypress. SocialEngine is the best out-of-the-box script (PHPFox coding isn't as clean as SE). However, if you know a little bit of HTML and CSS, I think Buddypress can surpass anything out there because customization is limitless. Also, with the new wave of energy and work going into Buddypress right now, I think it will rise to the top with little competition within a year or two - especially considering how Wordpress is beginning to go viral as far as popularity. My advice: if you want a site that is perfectly customized to your every need, go to W3C School online (it's free) and spend an hour a day for a week getting a handle on HTML and CSS, and then go with Buddypress. Even out-of-the-box it is right up there with SE, but it's basically free (besides a little for your hosting and some relatively inexpensive plugins). SE4 (SocialEngine) is $299 just to download, and you'll need a few hundred more for some over-priced plugins, as well as hosting. If money is not a big issue, and you don't want to learn any coding, SE (SocialEngine) is a great script. Anyway, that's my two cents. :)

Illuin, Nov 29, 2011 IP