1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plugin or Script Needed for Donations Site - Anyone know if this Exists?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by NicheStoreBuilder, May 4, 2009.

Hi All -

Thanks in advance for any help finding this somewhere, before I go and recreate a wheel!

The premise of the site is this... First abnd foremost, its a charity site to support a family member who has been diagnosed with cancer and is very badly down on luck. (Lost job the same week, in serious financial troubles etc)

The site that will allow friends of mine, hers, and basically anyone who wishes to help, to register, set a monetary goal, then reach out to their own network of people to come in and donate in their name. When they reach a certain goal, they will do what they promised to get the donations.

Example: John, registers at the site and shares that he will shave his head, when he reaches $100 in donations. Johns network of friends come over and donate in his name.... when it reached his goal, he would report a picture of himself with a shaved head!

I prefer to hit this onto a CMS like WordPress or Joomla, etc, so there is little backend maintenance needed on my part, aside from approving new people like John and helping with getting someone setup if needed.

What I am looking for is this:

• Plugin to allow Paypal donations. (Thats an easy one)
    • Track donations made in the specific users name.
    • Allow the person donating to imput as website, or any message they want displayed.
    • Preferably, track the donation / to / Goals amount, showing the difference.

It may actually be much easier than I think with some backend setup of the donation ID's or something, not sure...

I recall phpBB having a paypal function for gamers who requested monthly donations to put in a goal, which showed a small widget in the sidebar, with the donations / goals status.

Anyhow - any imput is appreciated!

Mark

NicheStoreBuilder, May 4, 2009 IP