1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Posting Across Multiple Platforms.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by warneylm, Mar 24, 2010.

Hi Guys,

This is my first post so let me know if i do anything wrong.

Im new to social media and I want to try and generate posts on across multiple media platforms (namely blogger, twitter and facebook). I have done a bit of research and testing and it looks like Ping.fm is one of the best tools for doing this. Is that right? Are there any major limitations with Ping?

Basically I was wondering what you guys think the best strategy and tools for use is for posting across multiple social networks?

Thanks Guys,
    Liam

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    warneylm, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  2. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    piing.fm is definitely the way to go. Just sign up for an account there, and you can enter the rss feed from the site you're trying to promote. You'll have to create accounts at all the sites that you wish your feed to be submitted too, but you only have to do that once.

Then when you update your main site, ping fm sends your feed to all those other sites.

webtarded, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  3. warneylm

warneylm Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

So I was going to use Ping as the primary source of information (e.g. enter content into ping) and then let it update my blog, facebook, twitter etc. Would you recommend using a blog as the primary source of content, and then feed that into Ping (using RSS), which would then update all other sites (e.g. twitter, fb, etc.).

Liam

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    warneylm, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  4. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    For some strange reason you can't use rss feeds directly in ping.fm. So what you have to do is sign up to twitterfeed with your sites rss, and then add ping.fm to the list of updated sites.

Now when you update your blog, the rss feed will go to twitterfeed first, and then it will be sent to the services you allow (ping.fm and any others you may choose). Ping receives it's update from twitterfeed and then updates all the other social sites that you've signed up with.

It's a little contrived, but i suspect the reason ping doesn't accept rss feeds directly is to cut down on spammers.

webtarded, Mar 26, 2010 IP