1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Potential Problem adding Google +1, FB, Twitter etc?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by yomick, Sep 6, 2011.

Hi all,

Ok, so I am reading that adding google +1 to a sidebar which shows on all pages will reveal a page that is disallowed in robots.txt

See this from google website:

Note: +1 is a public action, so don't add the button to any page you don't want visible on the web. When you add the +1 button to a page, Google assumes that you want that page to be publicly available and visible in Google Search results. As a result, we may fetch and show that page even if it is disallowed in robots.txt or includes a meta noindex tag.

So, if a page is disallowed or no longer exists then google will show it as a negative and affect SERP - correct?

Is this the case with adding facebook and twitter etc?
    Ever since they have been on my sidebar my SERP has dropped and been inconsistent at best. Falling from middle of page 1 on google to bottom of page 1 on google to top and middle of page 2 on google.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,
    y

yomick, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  2. catzilla

catzilla Member

Best Answers:
    Take it off for a week or so and see what happens

catzilla, Sep 8, 2011 IP