1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Presta Shop or Magento or Other

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dominion, Oct 18, 2008.

Hi, I am looking to start up an online shop. I am looking mainly at Presta Shop and Magento. I am not sure which one to use for my purpose.

I am hosted with Dreamhost

I am looking for the shop that is customer friendly, intuitive, fast, not db intensive. Anyone have experiences with any of these scripts or other scripts they want to share?

Thanks!

Dominion, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  2. mrphp

mrphp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use magento it perfectly fit your needs. However magento requires dedicated or vps server. Although it also works on shared servers but the speed is not that really impressive but still can be done in shared(few shared servers at the moment) servers.

I hope you will consider me once you decided to make your own online shop/store.

mrphp, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is quite powerful. I love that stuff.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  4. Grut

Grut Peon

Best Answers:
    I like Magento too. But find it little heavy and complicated. I agree with mrphp about speed on shared hosting. But there is much safety when you start your online business on dedicated server, imo.
    Also it is hard to customize for me. So I think about migrating ( with cart2cart) to Prestashop. Heard a lot of positive reviews.

Grut, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  5. Dizmatic

Dizmatic Peon

Best Answers:
    Working on a Prestashop project and find it easy to setup and customize. It is very lean and snappy.

Dizmatic, Apr 8, 2010 IP