1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Probably - the Best Day in my life (so far)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jim bob 9 pants, May 18, 2005.

Tommorrow I am lucky enough to be going for a ride in a hawk (same as the Red arrows fast jet trainers). I will be Airborn at 11:15, will be zooommmmmmmmiiiinnngggggg along at 360-450 knts doing practice shipping attacks in the Plymouth sea areas (UK) flying to almost 0 feet above the sea!! I am fortunate to have been before, but never such anagressive mission as tomorrow. All I ever wanted to do as a kid was fly fast jets, so this a dream come true for me. :eek:

What is the best thing that you have done and why - a bit of positive re-enforcement counciling, on line!!!!

Jim bob 9 pants, May 18, 2005 IP
  2. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing I have done recently was getting my Internet to work. I had to run a 200 ft cat-5 cable around my building to get it hooked up to the cable box. A lot of routing, hammering and bleeding involved while everyone on the street just watched me doing all these. And look at this Internet connection... isn't it beautiful?

Good luck with your hawk ride! :)

YianG, May 18, 2005 IP
  3. briandunning

briandunning Active Member

Best Answers:
    briandunning, May 18, 2005 IP
  4. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing I have ever done hmmmm probably the time I bunji jumped off a tall building, then rock climb my way back up, upon reaching the top I did a kung fu kitty flying kick jump onto an aeroplane and rode around standing on top of the wings...then parashooting down to earth, coinsidentally landing in New York where I found a credit card on the floor and over indulged myself at Tiffanys. It doesn't get much better than that.

Have a wicked time though!! :)

MELLA, May 19, 2005 IP
  5. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    Nap of the earth in a blackhawk helicopter when I was in the Army :) Or driving an M1A1 Abrahms, that was pretty cool also.

palespyder, May 19, 2005 IP
  6. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    Nap of the earth is even more fun while wearing night vision goggle! (I was in the army too)

jlerner, May 19, 2005 IP
  7. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    HOLY CRAP! it took everything I had not to puke while doing it in daylight. Was fun though and listening to the pilot cackle as he narrowly missed stuff was less then encouraging ;)

palespyder, May 19, 2005 IP
  8. davedx

davedx Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm. Not an adrenalin junky so this may sound boring to some... ;)

Possibly the best days of my life have been spent on holidays in Scotland. Most notable was doing the Three Islands Tour off the coast of Scotland. Takes you to Mull, Iona and Staffa. Been twice - once by myself and once with my gf at the time - both were awesome times. Standing on Staffa with its crazy cliffs like it just rose out of the ocean one day, looking out over the Atlantic, feels like you're on the farthest reaches of the earth. And the sounds the waves make inside the caves under Staffa inspired Mendelson's Hebridean Overture. You gotta go there to hear it. It's a sound I'll never forget.

Iona is cool too. I remember getting blasted with the strongest winds I've ever felt, you could just lean forwards at 45 degrees with ease. In fact, it'd be pushing you back still. The sense of history there is amazing too. Viking attacks, the spread of Christianity into Scotland, the Scottish Kings that are buried at the monastery.

I love remote, magical, historical places. Probably the closest thing to a spiritual experience I've had, being somewhere like that.

Enjoy your jet ride. That sounds awesome too, I wish I could fly :D

davedx, May 19, 2005 IP
  9. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I am still here, feeling knackered and felt a bit groggie at times, but had a trulely great time!!!

Nice fottage - Looks like you had a great day!!

Sure is a good feeling after all the numb thumbs!!

Go Mella!!

That sounds like a good buzz and you were getting paid for it!!

Ireland is my spiritual mecca, a little bay near Bell Mullet, West coast Ireland to be exact!!

Jim bob 9 pants, May 19, 2005 IP