1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Profitable niche idea?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dieorfly, May 9, 2013.

Hi, I spotted 2 keywords with following stats:

Global monthly search: 27k
    Competition: high
    CPC: $1,93
    Results in Google: less than 200k

I was thinking mostly about Adsense income.

I was wondering what is your opinion about the profitability of such niche and also do you think it is hard to get on SERP for the web surrounding niche described as above?

Looking forward to hearing your opinions :)

Last edited: May 10, 2013
    dieorfly, May 9, 2013 IP
  2. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    lololol, now you just gave the niche away. But the stats look good. I am sure you can earn some money if you get traffic to your site. Add some quality content and you should be good. Content is very important, to reduce bounce rate.

gkuang2, May 9, 2013 IP
  3. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    CTR rate is really good, thank you for sharing this niche with us

thesickearth, May 9, 2013 IP
  4. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I managed a few wedding related sites in the past. I can confirm that the CPC is about $1.50-2.50 with adsense. I even saw a few $6 clicks on adsense. I don't know about the current CPC rates in wedding.

However CTR was about 1.5% on my wedding sites. 4.7% CTR is very good on any site with about $2 CPC. Because it equals to about $90 CPM.
    I think that $90 CPM is impossible for fresh sites. It doesn't look like natural to me.

makeit easy, May 9, 2013 IP
  5. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those are good stats although high competition means that you are going to have to try harder in terms of seo and optimization of your site, but if you do every right you will be greatly rewarded.

IsayHey, May 10, 2013 IP
  6. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:
    Relying on AdSense only is not gonna make you happy, at least not in the short term.

BlogmasterME, May 10, 2013 IP
  7. jmjsolutions

jmjsolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should not choose a keyword with high competition. You'll be setting yourself up for failure (unless you have a ton of money and resources to beat the sharks).

Also, if you are going to put the effort into ranking for a profitable keyword, trust me, Adsense is wasteful. If you are serious about ranking for a profitable keyword, you'll set up an email lead capture and sell products to the list over time. Otherwise, you'd be leaving a lot of money on the table.

jmjsolutions, May 10, 2013 IP
  8. kuszeras

kuszeras Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the competition is high it means - avoid it unless you have a lot of $$$ and know-how ;). Try searching for other keywords that have low competition - I think going there might be much more profitable even if they don't pay that much.

Good luck!

kuszeras, May 11, 2013 IP
  9. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I somewhat disagree. You need to manually research the top 10 results and see why they are ranking. I've found that while some well-respected sites might be at the top, their pages are not optimized for that keyword. You can often times beat them out. I beat out amazon, walmart, walgreens, and other sites a lot for high competition keywords when those are the only ones holding top spots for products.

PHPGator, May 11, 2013 IP