1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting A New Social Networking Site

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by sp0om, Jun 10, 2006.

1. muftdagyan

muftdagyan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think only way left to promote your social networking site is to advertise it on high traffic blogs.

muftdagyan, May 21, 2011 IP
  2. ready

ready Peon

Best Answers:
    or you can simply learn to program bots like I do so that you don't have to pay for marketing or buy basic softwares that can't do shit.

You just have to be dedicated, learn programming by yourself in your spare times, be discipline. Always be a step ahead of everybody else, if you want to succeed, don't rely on other people skills, learn how they do it and apply it. Knowledge is in front of you, you don't need to go to school to be great at programming. Dedication and discipline will do.

I recommend as a startup the O'reilly book : Learning Python.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
    ready, May 21, 2011 IP
  3. Friendzs

Friendzs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,
    I am young developer from Estonia and just launched a brand new social network. It's something totally different. I need your opinion on my site, also, it would be great if you would join and test the whole thing. URL is www.friendzs.com
    If you are interested in helping me, in co-operation etc, contact me at

Thanks everyone!
    Erik

Friendzs, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  4. jpzygnerski

jpzygnerski Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, interesting. Kind of reminds me of amihotornot.com (is that even still around?).

jpzygnerski, Sep 6, 2013 IP
  5. nirajanmalla

nirajanmalla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For most social networks, one of "being the in thing", "being cool", or "being useful" is a necessary condition. Facebook was the in thing when it beat off competition from Myspace, then held on to its charm by being rather cool (viral apps and games), and has now transformed into a super useful utility . There will always be segments that move away from Facebook because it's not 'in' or 'cool' anymore but for a very large proportion of its users, it's become a utility that they can't do without.

The only credible threat that Facebook may face in the near future is a combination of privacy concerns and the emergence of a similar network (people + apps) that allows multiple personas (Facebook does this in a way through Groups, but it quite frankly is anything but intuitive). Most people have friends, acquaintances, colleagues, family all on Facebook, and increasingly, they'll need easy and intuitive means to keep these worlds apart on most occasions (there may be exceptions such as announcing a baby's birth).

If you want to increase your user base find out the things users don't want to see in Facebook or focus on the things that current social networks don't

nirajanmalla, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  6. Kevin619

Kevin619 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only question I would ask is - what is different about your social network then all of the other social networks? What is unique about your website?
    I have read recent studies that today most people perfer not to get involved with to many social networks..why? because its just to much. Unless, its a social network thats really really unique, different and stands out. Because all social networks are basically the same thing. Unless you website is focusing on a niche.

Kevin619, Sep 12, 2013 IP