1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting A New Website...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by php_, May 23, 2011.

Hey,

I want some advice regarding promoting a new website. I have had many sites in the past and the problem i have is gaining traffic/visitors to my site. My usual methods are submitting the site to websites for reviews, link exchange and social networking.

What are the best methods of gaining traffic to the site?

php_, May 23, 2011 IP
  2. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    social media is a good source for traffic.. especially Facebook & Tweeter..

xXxpert, May 27, 2011 IP
  3. emforce

emforce Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend link exchange as they don't have that much of an impact, instead try link building on forums like these etc and try to buy links on huge sites. When I was first starting out I bought a full site link of this guy and now he has just over 30k pages ALL linking back to my site.

But the best way to get traffic is to write more content. The more you write the more traffic you will receive. For instance, take these forums. They would be dead without the content on them right now no? So it's your duty as a webmaster to build useful content and eventually you will start seeing mega traffic! :D

emforce, May 29, 2011 IP
  4. loreliesGFX

loreliesGFX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest that you work on your on-page optimization first. Search related forums in Google and work for making backlinks. But link building for new sites needs to staggered and strategic. If the search engines notice that a large number of links have been added to a site in a short period of time, penalties may ensue.

loreliesGFX, May 29, 2011 IP
  5. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I don't do link exchange either. Push more on SEO and link building to strong sites might be able to help you, provide an important content or give something away for free on your site might be a good advertising method to boost your new site up in traffic. Good luck!

Justin_Dupre, May 29, 2011 IP
  6. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with loreliesGFX. I can work on your site to optimize it. I am very good at on-page optimization.

makeit easy, May 30, 2011 IP
  7. sanjaymaurya1

sanjaymaurya1 Peon

Best Answers:
    1st you can try on page optimization..then use off page.i also good in off page optimization....and just working in this field..really is very effective for sites promoting. If you want promoted your site u can contact with me at:

sanjaymaurya1, May 30, 2011 IP
  8. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    First step is On page Seo Such as title page and meda tags. Next is off page seo.. You can do this easy by writing 500 word or more articles and submitting it to around 5-10 sites. Next is Do Follow Bog and Forum Comments. Related to your niche if possiable. Most sites are do follow now a days. Next is Facebook Fan page wile they are no follow they have awesome traffic potential. Next is social bookmarking and directory submission. Main thing is stick with it. Seo is a never ending process you will have ups and downs. Good luck my friend. And dont be afraide to ask people on here for help they are great at advice.

TheMissingLink007, May 30, 2011 IP
  9. Jenny4u

Jenny4u Member

Best Answers:
    Submissions to directories is best way to increase traffic.

Jenny4u, May 31, 2011 IP
  10. jmr1228

jmr1228 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi php_,

I always do heavy on-page SEO (trying to hit 100% with SEOPressor or a similar on-page optimization plug-in) and then gradually build up my off-page SEO (high PR backlinking, article marketing, social bookmarking, etc.) It also helps to have the main keyword in your domain if you can.

jmr1228, May 31, 2011 IP
  11. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    if your website is new then focus on basics of seo like directory & article submissions

jhardy2008, May 31, 2011 IP
  12. php_

php_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information guys, I'm starting the site soon so I will consider buying links back to my site and writing some unique content for it too.

php_, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  13. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I was kind of lucky cause with my first site I got a link on the Govt careers site which brought in most of my traffic. Just starting my second site- an e-card site to gain experiance and I think I'll try increasing my ranking on google by submitting my site to directories.

sambling, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  14. palme

palme Active Member

Best Answers:
    make link back to your website in all possible sites f.x. gestbooks and other sites, facebook and other social network sites forum blogs and others.
    you don't need to think about dofallow or nofallow, both of them is OK ,when it's about traffic.

palme, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  15. php_

php_ Peon

Best Answers:
    When you say dofollow and nofollow what do they do.

php_, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  16. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Buy google adwords credits and use them....

Go to traffic4me.net and go to the keeping visitors, because once you have a visitor you need to retain them.

sambling, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  17. thewhitehouse

thewhitehouse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey php_, what is the website about? That might help for starters. Also how are you monetising it? If you monetise it well then paying for traffic would be a good solution.

thewhitehouse, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  18. sinclair89

sinclair89 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ezine article submission site is generally a good source for backlinks.

sinclair89, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  19. Bigblogacademy

Bigblogacademy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Jenny, I am not trying to arguing but just asking that r u sure that submission to directories work even today? Because I have heard somewhere that these are backdays strategies. SO, I m bit confused. Can u help me with some more justifications in this regard.

Bigblogacademy, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  20. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    cheesee, Jun 7, 2011 IP