1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PS made web template

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by myxxo, Sep 4, 2012.

Hello guys,
    I just got a lot of criticism - like I´m not able to use photoshop, my designs are way back and worthless...and want to ask you - Is it really so?
    I use Photoshop for about 3 years, mostly for editing my fractals and to create digital art.

For example this: I wanted to create simple, easily codeable, clean portfolio template... Is it really that bad?

[​IMG]

myxxo, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  2. designfilo

designfilo Peon

Best Answers:
    hi.. they are not bad but seems unprofessional..in my opinion dont ever use that vibrant colors...for a clean,simple and professional design just go for tints rather than shades...nice effort:)

designfilo, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  3. mneodor87

mneodor87 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey! I like the fractal designs themselves, but the template does look old-fashioned IMO. Look at ColourLovers.com for good color palettes that large websites use, or other black and red combinations that might work well. Check out Trends -> Branding, or this red and black palette for some ideas for better colors- http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/2249770/Lickin_the_Bowl?widths=1

Keep it up though. I've been doing design and stuff for a few years at http://stockphotogeek.com/ and still feel like a n00b a lot...

mneodor87, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  4. edduvs

edduvs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, the ones that criticise you are right, your template here, is way dark than it should be, modern portofolios use dark / very-light gray backgrounds, with transparent squares / noise patterns and a round white tint centered on top of the page.

CSS3 has implemented multiple backgrounds for a single div though, PS. Stop using those gradients, they are just silly.

edduvs, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  5. Murtaza Usman

Murtaza Usman Guest

Best Answers:
    The use graphics or icons along the way would really life the design. Right now its too simple.. For example place icons on the those services tabs to represent each service..
    Nice effort though.. :)

Murtaza Usman, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  6. wetkon

wetkon Banned

Best Answers:
    I see it, you can say they are bad, to make a better layout, see some designers work, check out on google, understand the concept, & then create one!

wetkon, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  7. arianit1995

arianit1995 Peon

Best Answers:
    The idea isn't very good :( and the color make it bad. I suggest you to watch any video on youtube and google to make a good version and more professional :)

arianit1995, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  8. Laz0r

Laz0r Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry but you got a lot to learn mate

Laz0r, Jan 5, 2013 IP