1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pulling content from news sources.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by GreenDog, Jun 15, 2008.

I have a website that I would like to pull related new stories from websites like cnn.com and others.

How would I go about doing this?

GreenDog, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  2. magdalene2008

magdalene2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    If from RSS into Joomla(CMS), then it's Feed2Post by Elcan Software. If for a normal website, I saw several sites offering codes that you can insert into your HTML for free. Unfortunately I didnt bookmark them, but I'll let you know soon coz I'll be needing it as well.

magdalene2008, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  3. firefighter

firefighter Guest

Best Answers:
    I've one RSS research project running, basically you connect to the proxy and the summary description, full-text articles including the images in one feed. I've got a poll running but seems no one is keen yet I'm seeing many people looking for automation tools such as this.

So its compatible with ANY feed reader. Hence its called a proxy, but more like post-processing.

Is anyone keen to participate, test or develop further? You can PM me if you like.

~ Firefighter, Broadens.com

firefighter, Sep 28, 2008 IP