1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Putting the head of one person on another

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by dinrock, Feb 8, 2010.

Curious if there is a simple and easy-to-follow link, or set of instructions for taking the head of one person from one picture, and adding it on another? Or, a way of pasting the face of one person on another?

Some instructions are so complicated and so intense....

Can anyone make their own suggestions or provide a link to something like what I mention here?

dinrock, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  2. tsoprano

tsoprano Peon

Best Answers:
    what software are u using?

you can do it on a scanner and printer if you want. Use scissors and glue. :)

tsoprano, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  3. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a Photoshop thread...so it is in regards to Photoshopping the head or face from one person to another. If this was 1984, of course, scissors and glue would be used. But I'm not that ass-backwards.

dinrock, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  4. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hahha, tsoprano, that was kinda obvious... I like a straight forward guy like you dinrock, lol.

I've done a few head transitions myself, and it's not something that's just copy/paste and done. Skin tones, hair colors, clothes, etc. are all variables that you're going to have to tweak.

For someone with short hair, I would lasso across the top of the forehead (but not into the hair). Once you have the selection of the person's face you're trying to paste on the other's body, right click inside the selection and choose layer via copy. (NOTE: When I do this, I always leave the original layer in tact, and always just make copies of selections, so that the original doesn't end up with white holes when my selections don't fit perfectly.) Press Ctrl+V to move the layer you just copied that has a copy of the face on it, and move it to the new body (position it over the original person's face, and try to match the angle and tilt of the head.) It might be a good idea to press Ctrl+t and right click inside the transform box that appears and mess with some perspectives, depending on how the person is facing.

After you get the face positioned you'll need to smudge, blur, clone, etc. to blend the effects.

Piggy, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  5. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Piggy: Do you mind my asking this? Can you possibly list how you would achieve this in STEPS? In essence,:
    #1. Step one....
    #2. etc.?

I really like how it would be if you could give the steps and where you'd click with an image open, then copying or lasso'ing another item from an image.

Is this possible? And by the way, I can understand tsoprano but didn't want to piss 'em off....I don't need Christopher at my door, ready to knock my lights out or worse!

dinrock, Feb 9, 2010 IP