1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Q&A Sites are the New Content Farms

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Angelpie, Apr 4, 2014.

I've had to use a FF add-on to block all the Q&A sites. Any time you type a question into search, these things dominate the front page. I know that two of them are now having writers turn out thousands of articles a day, just like the content farms used to do, so they can dominate the front pages.

Are you running into this problem? Used to be, if you made your post/article header a question or a how-to, you could get a pretty good ranking, since that's what most people type in. Now all that gets you is pushed back to page 3 behind all the duplicate posts on the Q&A or how-to sites.

I wonder how long it will take Google to do something about this? Seems these sites are paying for a lot of ads, too, so Google may not want to mess with them. Honestly, the content farms had better information than the crap on these sites.

Angelpie, Apr 4, 2014 IP