1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about a back link to my site..PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by writer1972, Jul 2, 2014.

Hi DPer's!
    I am completely rebuilding my site, and I have not re-launched it as of yet. I have noticed over the past week or so, I am starting to get subscribers even though I haven't re-launched yet, and won't be for another 2 1/2 weeks or so.. I am in the search engines, but not promoting it really at all, except in one of my signature links on here. The site has been kind of stagnant due to health issues over the last few years. Anyhow, I checked my stats today, in my stat counter, and found I had a new subscriber, looked at the website where they came from, and found me. (If it's a no referring link, it tells me that as well.) I use statcounter.com ... However, this came from a site I have never even heard of, but it looks like a really great site, and I am probably going to use it in the future after looking at it, as I will be doing videos on different things after my site launches. Anyhow, I can't find a direct link to my site anywhere in this site. They have some videos on this site, could it be in the video itself? Can someone please explain, or if you can find my link, please let me know where it is. My link is findworkonline.net...I tried to post this thread, and this is the message I get (as it won't let me post this with a redirect url)... but with http:// in front of screen-recorder.srecorder.com/screen-recorder.php? (no space here and with http:// in front of) findworkonline.net) u=findworkonline.net is a redirect to (http:// again in front of srecorder.com/") (use the destination URL instead). (This is the site it came from.)
    But without all of the confusion, and me having to rewrite it with explanations as to how it's written, is exactly how it's written in my stat counter except for the (along with.)When I click on that link, it brings me directly to their site, so I don't understand how or why it would redirect to my site for someone else???? Does this mean I have a back link somewhere on their site? Can someone please explain? I am really confused, as I can't find my link on this page, and I have also looked on other pages on this site, and can't find it, but I have not looked at the videos either, as their are a lot, and not sure how lengthly each one is..If it's a redirect url, where and why did that come from? And why when I click on it, does it take me to their site instead of mine? I am really confused now...But, I have never even heard of this site! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that my link is there, as I think it's a cool site, and pretty informative, and the more back links, the better in some cases...But is it a back link? If not, why is it that when I click on the link it takes me their site, and doesn't redirect me back to my site? Why would it says it's a redirect to my site? It must be somehow, someway, but I don't understand.
    I'm just really confused. Someone please help me find my link, or tell me how that site would have a redirect url to mine? And why when I click on it, it takes me to their site? Like I said, I am not promoting my site anywhere but here, in my signature. It is already indexed in the search engines, like yahoo, bing, and info.com, and used to be top in google before the site became satgnant...as I have had the site since 2007. (Apparently Bing, Yahoo, info, and other search engines, are really loyal, even when I have paid them nothing!) Anyhow, Thanks to anyone in advance to anyone that can help me figure this out...Any help on this matter is very much appreciated!

writer1972, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  2. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    That's a lot to read. Does the site have a Twitter feed or anything? Could be in video/twitter feed and site is no longer linked on that specific page? Or could be something similar to this?

CobaltBlue87, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  3. writer1972

writer1972 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for replying! As far as I know, I don't have a Twitter feed set up, and know I don;t have a twitter feed set up on my site as of yet, but not sure what that would have to do with their site redirecting to my site, and why when I click on that link it takes me to their site. I am not promoting on Twitter as of yet, and haven't for years...as far as I know, no followers on Twitter as of yet, because I'm still trying to get the site ready for re-launch first, before going all out, and promoting it. As far as them taking my link out of their site, they would have had to do it within the last 10 hours or so, like right after this person subscribed. But why would there even be a link to my site on that site? I am just so very confused. It's almost as if I bought traffic that redirects traffic using unused URL's (which I haven't bought ANY traffic at all...) but that still doesn't explain why when I click on it, it takes me right to their site. All I can say is I am really confused, but want to understand this.

4. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    Thats really strange. Sorry maybe I am confused but this isn't doing it for me? Their website simply redirects to their homepage?

CobaltBlue87, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  5. writer1972

Best Answers:
    I know. I clicked on the URL that it came from, and brought me right to their site, too. It didn't redirect me to my site, and that's another reason I am completely confused by this. Like I said, I am not complaining, just really confused. The upsides are #1- I got A new subscriber from this site...Just have no idea how, and that's what I'm trying to figure out, and #2- I found what looks like a great site to help me with making videos for when I'm ready to do it. But still...I really want to know how this could happen. Any highly tech "Techies" out there that could help me figure this out?

6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I use statcounter and if you click on the referring link, it typically takes you to the page on the other website that had a link to your website. If you do not find such a link on that web page, it could be that the visitor was using a cached version of that web page that once had a link to your website that has since been removed. The only other time that I have seen something like this is when a website running AdSense sent a visitor to me because my AdWords ad was running on it and when I went there, other ads were running so I did not find my link.

jrbiz, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  7. writer1972

Best Answers:
    Well, I am not using Adwords, like I stated, I am not advertising it at all right now (except in my sig. link on here), b/c I won't be launching for another 2 1/2 weeks or so...Also, they could be viewing a page that isn't cached, but how, and why if it's the same URL? That whole site, if you look through it, most of their videos were last updated in 2013...This just happened the other night...So that is really confusing, and why would they link to my site anyway? I just don't get it. But again, not complaining, just confused..

I think something must be wrong with the actual referring links in stat counter. Today, I checked it, and I saw that someone went to one of my pages that is invisible, (not ready to publicize just yet) and went and checked the "came from" link, and it was my homepage. I have no link to that page on my home page at all. So I am even more confused now. Perhaps there is something better out there than statcounter that is free to use, and find out where exactly my traffic is coming from? IDK...Just getting more confused... :eek:

writer1972, Jul 3, 2014 IP