1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Blogging as a business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by seekdestroy16, Jun 12, 2013.

Hey all,
    I am getting into blogging as being my business. So far I know that:
    -Creating backlinks helps by commenting on other blogs in the same topic, and helping out in forums in the same category while creating a signature with a link to my website.
    -Doing guest posts while linking back to my website.
    -Creating lots of quality content.

Is there anything else that anyone else suggests I should try?.

seekdestroy16, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  2. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yea it seems like you got the important points. Remember content is key, some people who didn't do any SEO and just constantly uploaded quality content got tons of traffic. You can also start building a list if you are trying to earn some money from your blog.

gkuang2, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  3. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing more!

As you are going to run a business based on blogging so please create one blog on self hosted domain name and if gives you profit then move forward and automate the process.

SERPpoint, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  4. bshearer

bshearer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Socializing is important these days as well. I read recently that if you socialize others first that it will eventually come back around and help you even more.

bshearer, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    It is not an easy business to go into, the barriers of entry are almost non-existent. You need tons of patience to get a good blog up. Another issue will be monetization. Google control nearly all of the market, you have a single point of failure, if Adsense is banned for some reason or another, you will be faced with a lot of difficulties. Not many blogs are large enough to negotiate with advertisers directly.

wisdomtool, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  6. sheigah

sheigah Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say key question you'd like to ask yourself before moving forward is what kind of blog you're trying to create. Regardless of whether you rank high in google or not, the overall feel of the blog matters a huge deal. What I mean is there are mainly 2 types of blogs for income.

The Ads Crazy Blog.
    It feels like you're staring at some crazy hypnotic shit the second you hit the link. Straight off the bat the blog blasts you with ads all over the goddamn place. Assuring a bad visitor experience, BUT a high CTR on adsense and whatever ads. More of a short term goal in my opinion, I see a lot of people getting sucked in to doing this because the early adsense earnings are just so tempting. Nothing inherently wrong here, just not a very good model to follow if you intend for people to actually come back to your site ever. If you look around at most of the top earning bloggers, most of them don't even have adsense. They do sponsored posts and have affiliate links here and there.

The Great Experience Blog
    Everything things is neat, not too many or no ads around and expect for an optin box on the side. Good, original, value adding content written well. The kind you'd blog you hit and you'd want to see some other posts this site has because the post you came for was well written and informative. Definitely slower income initially, but tends to be the kind that sticks around for a longer time.

There is nothing inherently better about either module you choose to pick it's very more about where you see yourself in terms of this whole 'blogging' thing. Be clear about where you want to see it in say, 1 year. And model your decisions on your blog with it.

-Hope this helps.

sheigah, Jun 13, 2013 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  7. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let's see, you want to start blogging, good thing you came here to educate yourself, which is the 1st important thing before you start, do some brainstorming and target he things you want to write about, keep in mind that it's not all about the content, the web design plays a good role also, in addition of the stuff you mentioned.

HomeDesigner, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  8. seekdestroy16

seekdestroy16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for the important facts. You can say I am just getting into blogging, but I would say I am just getting into it on a basis where I have more than enough time to create content now. Also, the motivation is there.

I heard of Adsense the day it came out, and I've been watching people succeed with it ever since 2003 as well. I also have some books on blogging like the one by Darren Rowse, and Joel Comm. The whole time it's been a motivation issue. But now I'm prepared to take the plunge.

I think I've found a good niche as it is one of my many passions (home decor), and so far I've been successful with it in the past two weeks of dedication. I guess I just wanted to double check and make sure that what I knew that worked before, is still working now, and also for the possibility of other things I missed. I'm jotting down everything, thank you all!.

I do understand that it's not an overnight success kind of thing either, it's not an "opportunity" like some job that came up and you hope that just applying for it that you will get it. You can decide to be successful in this field, which I like.

seekdestroy16, Jun 13, 2013 IP