1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Digg?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by auburnfan23, Dec 17, 2008.

I am trying to create more traffic with Digg.

I have added a lot of people to my friends list, and giving shouts
    and such and digging others, but I cannot figured out why no
    one is digging my submissions..

Any tips?

auburnfan23, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  2. LLHD

LLHD Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe it's the content you're diggin? Have you got any examples?

LLHD, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  3. crivion

crivion Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Good question, i'm encountering the same problem, let's stand and wait for solutions

crivion, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  4. asholar

asholar Peon

Best Answers:
    first you want to digg your submissions, so that they will digg yours. and also you want to add some best diggers. Most of them won't visit digg daily, if u have friends like these then remove them and add friends who visit digg daily. Daily digg lots of articles, atleast you want to have 2000 - 3000 diggs to get some good diggers as your friend.

asholar, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  5. SeniorScrapper

SeniorScrapper Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey you need to sort out the active users from the friends list and than digg/comment their submissions daily. Than you will be noticeable by those people and hence you will be getting diggs on your submissions as well.

SeniorScrapper, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  6. dzi

dzi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might be getting no digs if the stuff you're posting is genuinely boring.

dzi, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  7. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People will digg your article if it is unique, innovative and interesting but what about the quality of traffic? It is simply not targeted and difficult to monetize. Try SEO to get targeted traffic...

dairyman, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  8. OhMamaMia

OhMamaMia Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting and catching titles is a good way to get people to look. Try commenting on other people's diggs too. I've found that even if people don't digg a submission, they still click on the link and get you the views.

OhMamaMia, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  9. aaronlamont1

aaronlamont1 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you are using digg as an internet marketing tool for affiliate programs I do not recommend constantly bombarding the site with these promotions. Try to add value to the website first and get others to want to add you as a friend.

When I first started with dig I always promoted affiliate programs and never added to the digg community but I learned from that mistake and decided to do some testing.

You need to add friends to start with I added 50 from a particular category then I came up with a funny or eye grabbing headline to catch readers attention and just provided some funny pictures, I did this for a few weeks and I noticed that more and more people were adding me.

I went into the next category which was gadgets and did the same creating eye catching headlines and offering good quality content or some great debates and people interested in what I had to say added me.

Next I got a few affiliate links for some amazon gadget products and made a quick blog and posted it on dig, those that had added me from my quality content post from the gadget category bought through my affiliate link and I was then onto a winner.

Lesson to be learned here, don't just go into the digg community and paste up your links here there and everywhere add to the community and build trust and provide.

aaronlamont1, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  10. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Find someone who are active and always digg their article too so that they would do the same to you.

Chancey, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  11. Jeffler

Jeffler Active Member

Best Answers:
    Leave.

I'm sorry, but people like this are the reason digg is going to crap.

Personally, anyone clearly using it for self promotion like this gets automatically buried by me.

Jeffler, Dec 26, 2008 IP