1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about displaying articles in design

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by hmilesjr, Nov 19, 2006.

Ok I will try to be as clear as I can on what I am trying to do. On my site financenewstoday.com I have article titles and excerpts displayed in boxes based on groups and the latest articles within the group based on subcategory. Also, my category and subcategory pages display articles the same way.

I am thinking of setting up a subdomain called articles to house the new entries from now into the future using Wordpress. Reason I am thinking about changing is that When the developer designed the site, there is no way to archive articles and the search feature doesn't return the articles within the category. Also, I am just not happy with the character string, not that it doesn't work, I just don't like it. I also, am not fond of the management system for putting in new articles. Wordpress is just so much easier.

So here's my question, what kind of coding would I need to use display the entries from the blog on a subdomain in my template on the main page and category / subcategory pages? Or can it even be done?

hmilesjr, Nov 19, 2006 IP