1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Wordpress Ability..

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Axus Technologies Inc., Dec 27, 2009.

Hi there..
    Im planning to do my company website in Wordpress , and I have choosen one design as well.

Now, my question is ,

1. Can we have a different template for frontpage and then different template for all inner pages ? How can we do that in Wordpress ?

2. Can we define what elements to come on the sidebar on which pages ? Like I want to show a tabs widget on About Us page , but not on Services or Contact Us page. So , is that possible ?

Axus Technologies Inc., Dec 27, 2009 IP
  2. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, all your question can be done with Wordpress. Since you want it customized just a hire a coder/programmer to do it for you. You can find a lot freelancer at the BST section here at DP.

sakto, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  3. Axus Technologies Inc.

Axus Technologies Inc. Peon

Best Answers:
    Im not looking to hire anyone to do that. I can do all that myself. Wordpress is not like biggo Joomla, that you need external hands. Its just super easy!
    I just need to know, how can we can do that and I will do it myself.

4. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible, but for that you will need to edit your single.php, archive.php, index.php and so that they have different color styles.

olddocks, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  5. Axus Technologies Inc.

Axus Technologies Inc. Peon

Best Answers:
    Im not asking just colour change.
    Actually, I have 2 templates developed for the site and I want to put one active just for hoempage and the 2nd template is for the inner pages.
    Getting me ?

6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    There are many ways that you can do it. The easiest are:

1. Just buy a theme that has those functions already coded. there are many affordable themes that allow you to use different sidebar settings for different pages (the easiest and quickest way).

2. Design your home page without sidebars and link to your inner pages (via the menu) with your sidebars set up the way you want.

3. Make a new page template that doesn't include the sidebars..so that you have a full page view and use that on the pages that you don't want any sidebars...and use the default template on the pages that you do.

4. There are plug ins that give you control over how you display your widgets. Check here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/

hmansfield, Dec 28, 2009 IP