1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question on hot to get "sharper" graphics

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by NZgirl, Jan 12, 2009.

Hi everyone,

I am always confused when trying to make a banner, I always get poor definition in my logo's I just dont know what i'm doing wrong??

lets say my banner is 100*100 would I need to make a banner 1000 *1000 and reduce the size to get crisp text? or am i missing something.

when I see other peoples banners i'm so impressed. I am using photoshop for my graphic design and its mostly "text" on banner that is the problem.

this is a type of quality i want to get to http://www.littlefunkymonkey dot co dot nz (not my site) the banners i need to do now are pretty small they are 155 *49 so and its mostly text that i need to create.

In the example website i gave, are they using some sort of software to get a better result?

hope someone can help me!

NZgirl, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  2. JB Stylized

JB Stylized Guest

Best Answers:
    can you post your banner for comparison? Part of it depends on the resolution you set when you first open up your canvas, part of it depends on the font, and part is the angle of the text. I'd like to see your banner so that I can help you determine what you need to do for crisp text.

JB Stylized, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  3. steelfrog

steelfrog Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm. From what I can understand without an example, it sounds like one of these scenarios:

1. You're using the wrong DPI settings. When you create a new document, make sure that the 'Resolution' option is set to 72 for web. If you're working with print, you'll want to use 300 or so, depending on the material.
    2. You're using the wrong kind of anti-aliasing. Create your text and look at the top bar, the one that contains your text settings such as the font and font size. Change the "aa" setting to Sharp and see if it helps. Also try the other options since different fonts require different settings.
    3. You're using an improper font; either it renders anti-aliasing very poorly for some reason, or it's simply very small.
    Hopefully one of those scenarios should resolve the problem for you.

steelfrog, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  4. ukfashionhouse

ukfashionhouse Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks Steel Frog and JB Stylized,

thats a good answer, i did check the style font and resolution and also tried lots of fonts, i think it must be me.. rather then the tools!

JB - i'm too embarassed to post here/ rather not / i can email you though or send you a pm for you to critique if thats ok?

thanks
    :)

ukfashionhouse, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  5. robertexs

robertexs Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes using the 'Sharpen' or 'Smart Sharpen' filter in Photoshop can help.

robertexs, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  6. JB Stylized

JB Stylized Guest

Best Answers:
    UK.... a pm is fine.

JB Stylized, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  7. buncoh

buncoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Text huh?

[​IMG]

am i right for what u mean?