1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question regarding Facebook as a promotion tool

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by coldnorth, Sep 19, 2010.

I’m considering setting up a facebook page for one of my sites but have a question. Would I be better to set it up as a business, which it is, where you do not collect friends just the like or don’t like, or just a regular facebook page? I have done the later with a previous site and acquired a lot of friends but seem to spend a lot of time on facebook interacting with them. Not only that, but a few seem to think that the facebook page itself is the website I frequently refer to and not a tool to promote the site.

coldnorth, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  2. coldnorth

coldnorth Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong category, I apologize. Could a moderator please move this to the facebook thread.

coldnorth, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  3. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    to build reputation fan page, you will need to put lots of work and time on it.
    1. promote your fan url in other profile/group/fan page
    2. promote ur fb advertising program ( spend money)
    3. Put ur like button on ur site
    4. Buy someone service to invite other to join ur fan ( fiverr.com recommend)
    That's what u have to do!!!

vannarith, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  4. coldnorth

coldnorth Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanksn Jesda, but that really did not answer my question.

coldnorth, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  5. emsley3

emsley3 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer them to be setup as a business fan page for several reasons.

1) The biggest thing for me on FB is privacy and I have all of my information locked down so only friends can see it. If there is a business that I want to follow, I'm not going to send a friend request and then create a category just for those businesses so they can't see all of my information; it's just not something I'm going to spend time doing.
    2) A regular FB account can only be administered by 1 person. There is a company I like (but never followed due to how the account was setup) who had setup a regular FB account and the account holder gave their notice and would not relinquish control of the account. The company ended up creating a business fan page of their own that multiple people could administer but how many followers did they lose in the process?
    3) If you're willing to spend the money to advertise on FB, you really can't advertise a FB account but you can a business page.

Hope that helps make you more comfortable with how you set yours up.

emsley3, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  6. coldnorth

coldnorth Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks emsley, it has some useful information. I didn't know you could only advertise a business page.

coldnorth, Sep 21, 2010 IP