1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question regarding making a web directory

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Razorz, Jun 13, 2010.

I am planning to create a web directory. But I have a couple of questions in mind :

1. Are scripts for such thing available for free?
    2. Do I need to install these scripts or just upload them in cpanel?
    3. When someone adds his site to the directory, will it be automatically shown or do I need to manually insert it?

Razorz, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  2. Razorz

Razorz Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone to help me out please?

Razorz, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  3. Napoleon

Napoleon Peon

Best Answers:
    1. OpenLD is a Free and Open source directory with a lot of features. You can also try http://www.yaldirectory.com/, but I recommend the former.
    2. Most advanced scripts like directories need to be installed, but the installation process is straight forward. You just need to upload, change the database details and feed some information to install them.
    3. You can customise this. You can choose to manually approve all links or automatically add them to the database. It is recommended that you approve them(there will be an admin backend to easily approve/delete sites) manually so that you can filter out the spam/adult sites. Automatic approval doesn't sit well with google's policies either.

Napoleon, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  4. Razorz

Razorz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for helping me out. Will post queries here if I face any problem.

Razorz, Jun 19, 2010 IP