1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions regarding IPB forum

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Goran, Apr 20, 2008.

I have set up an IPB forum (v. 2.3.4) and I am trying to figure out how to administer it best and build it up. How can I monetize it (like adding ad blocks, etc)?. I am new to IPB and have really only touched a little bit of PHPBB before. Also does anyone know if there is an easy way to integrate wordpress with ipb? Not necessarily so that the forum sits inside the main website but so that usernames/passwords/etc go from one to the other.

Thanks

Goran, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  2. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    You can just go to 'Look & Feel' in your ACP screen (admin section) and insert the ad block code in respective template bits. You can go to IPB support forum (ipsbeyond.com) and post your questions to get quick help.

I haven't seen any proper integration for that. So I suggest NOT to go for WordPress + IPB integration.

Suri.CMS, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  3. Goran

Goran Peon

Best Answers:
    Goran, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  4. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    This extension looks better. But in my personal opinion, the disadvantages of using a bridge (extension) are much higher than advantages of it.

Most of these bridges are run by single person. So you will be in trouble when something happens to them or if they decide suddenly to withdraw development of bridge.

If all that you need is a blog and a forum combination, I think you better use IPB Blog + IPB Forum, because they are officially supported by IPB and also they will definitely update both products for compatibility.

Suri.CMS, Apr 21, 2008 IP