1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking super high for the search term "Myspace"

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by tjsocr22, Jul 28, 2009.

Hey,

Just wondering if it is possible to rank super high (E.G. 2nd place after Myspace.com) for the search term "Myspace" on google. I did a search today and myspace.com/lilymusic came up right under Myspace! Do you think an average joe like me could do this? Is it even in reach?

I checked how many backlinks she has on siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com. She only has 43, 628 backlinks, which leaves me wondering, how the hell did she make it so high for that search term! Myspace.com has 119 MILLION backlinks! I am really jealous because having that spot could "make" a super star over night with how many hits the profile would get! I could easily gain 43, 628 backlinks in year or two, but I don't think that will solely do it. What do you guys think? Should I keep trying to gain backlinks to my Myspace page, or should we say that "lilymusic" just "knows" some people at Myspace? ;)

tjsocr22, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  2. thatviralsite

thatviralsite Peon

Best Answers:
    who would be searching google for myspace?

thatviralsite, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  3. JeffCliff

JeffCliff Guest

Best Answers:
    good question....

Like they say its not what you know but who and I think this is the case here.

JeffCliff, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  4. simstar

simstar Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good point however people are irrational. There will be thousands daily searching google for myspace because they are either stupid or lazy (for that extra .com).

simstar, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  5. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are 606,000,000 results at google for Myspace. :)

bobchrist, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  6. junvalasek

junvalasek Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have a budget and millions of backlinks to beat Myspace then why not..

junvalasek, Jul 29, 2009 IP