1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RateMyTeachers.com CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by wilfordsy, Jun 24, 2009.

Hi guys. I'm planning to make a local version of RateMyTeachers.com in my country and instead of coding the backend from scratch, I'm thinking of just using a CMS. Basically what happens is it's like a Product Review Website but:

Categories are sorted by "Location" then by "Name of School".
    Individual products to be reviewed are the "Teachers".
    Searching can be done by "Name of School" or "Name of Teacher".
    User registration is a must before making a review.

I've checked on several website review scripts / CMS and the best that I could find were High 5 Php review script and 5 Star review script, but they're not Exactly what I want out of the box. They are much more suited for real product review websites.

Although I think I can modify them to fit my needs, I just want to ask for your opinions and suggestions. You guys might know the exact "CMS" they are using or IF there really is one out there.

Thanks a lot :)

wilfordsy, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  2. emitind

emitind Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey wilfordsy

Just happened to come across your post. You shouldn't have much difficulty reworking the High 5 review script for your specific site theme. I would think you'd struggle to find something pre-made which is exactly what you're looking for. Your basic requirements broadly fit into the structure/framework of our application already from what I can tell, and we built it to be flexible for any review sites. High 5 is a unique CMS we developed in-house. If you have any questions please fire me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss options.

emitind, Jun 27, 2009 IP