1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Really need help with SEF URL'S!!! 500 Internal server error

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Kel78, Mar 12, 2007.

Hi there, I'm hoping that you might be able to share your comments as to what might be wrong with my joomla site http://gameclarity4all.com. When I look at the page it's fine but for other people; they will see a 500 Internal server error message. I also found that googlebot stats were also showing network unreachable / unreachable urls...I enabled the core sef first before i turned on my joomsef. Url when core sef turned on became shorter (is this what you meant by making sure core sef is working?). Anyway, I'm at a loss as to what's wrong with my site. Following is what's in my htaccess...Please help:(

Kel78, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  2. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:
    try this one, this worked with my sites.

psyberweb, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  3. Kel78

Kel78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks!! At last I got this problem out of my way with your help!! I did not realise there was even a 500 internal server error at all untill I saw my googlebot crawl stats. Thanks a million!!:D

Kel78, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  4. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem was most likely this piece:
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$ [NC]

Because you are using the core SEF, not a 3rd party component

frankcow, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  5. Kel78

Kel78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, not too sure myself coz i'm new at cms and css format. Anyway,i'm using artio joomsef as well. I found found out today that the 500 internal server errors were not due to my htaccess but more to because of my installing joomlastats. Don't really know why if i use joomla stats i will get this problem though.:confused:

Kel78, Mar 12, 2007 IP