1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rebranding

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by LinkSales, Jan 3, 2010.

I want to rebrand a website with a new domain name...

Currently, the website is in wordpress, and I want to keep it in wordpress. I want to keep all the settings ETC exactly the same.

Is there any quick and easy way to transfer the whole site and use the new domain?

LinkSales, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes. Just make a copy and upload to a new server. Easy with cPanel. Some hosts let you do it and others require their staff to do it.

The only thing you'll have to do is go back and fix a few database entries to the new domain name.

I pay a little extra for hosting, and I just let my host do the move for me. If it's from host to host then make sure you ask about it before you sign up.

internetmarketingiq, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  3. JoeOFarrel

JoeOFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Don't transfer the site, just transfer the domain name. who is your host? find out where the dns nameservers are pointing for your new domain name registrar and point it to your existing host.

much easier.

JoeOFarrel, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  4. nashekrashe

nashekrashe Peon

Best Answers:
    domain pointing is rather unnatural decision. Trasfering the whole site include 2 steps:
    1. copy files through FTP, rewrite config.php with the new setting
    2. Import MySQL DB backup

nashekrashe, Jan 12, 2010 IP