1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommendation Web Platform for my Upcoming website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by etchel, Aug 7, 2012.

Hello everyone,

I usually visit digitalpoint but I don't post so now I think I'm going to ask some questions regarding the website that I plan to create.

I'm an anime fan, and I have a facebook page that has around 20,000 likes now. Now that I have quite of audience to lure inside the website. I'm thinking what is the best website platform for this. I have tried using Wordpress (blog) before and I had great visitors on that previous site. Now I'm confuse if I will use a CMS, forum or Blog..

As me & my co-founders discussed about this, we decided to choose forum to build a community. I started googling today what is the best forum platform and it was really vBulletin. vBulletin is great it is just totally costly and I searched further more I found out that phpbb is easy to get crawled and hacked.

In your personal opinion. What is the best website platform for me? CMS? Forum? Blog? Choose and tell me why. Feel free to ask numerous questions.

etchel, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  2. khalonn

khalonn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you need something more than a forum or you are plannig to make something else in the near future I would definitely go with a cms and make use of the plugins available (wordpress, drupal, joomla)

khalonn, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  3. asad.iqbal

asad.iqbal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you use joomla then use kuena for forum. But I suggest to make a social networking type site using wordpress and buddypress, more secure and more manageable.

asad.iqbal, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  4. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend you to use Wordpress.

nufox, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  5. sanity1984

sanity1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Magento and I absolutely love it. It is extremely versatile and fairly simple to setup, it's also free. Plus, forums and addons are easy to find and easy to install. you simply go into the admin and choose to install a package (such as a forum) to your website and Presto! it's finished. Magento requires innoDB functionality from your hosting company so make sure you ask them if they have that before you sign up for one.

sanity1984, Sep 23, 2012 IP