1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Redeveloping a wordpress blog which uses WP-United

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by pratik, Jun 16, 2010.

hi there,

I guess its fine to post this topic here...

Hi there,

Firstly here is the site in question
    www.forum4finance.com

Code (markup):
    This site has grown a lot. Visitors increasing. Posting increasing. And really works good, thanks for the best hosting.

Now we are trying to redesign and develop it. The current site is using WordPress and PHPBB for its forum and were linked together using WP-United.
    I have made a local installation of WordPress and PHPBB on my mac using MAMP.
    Everything is tested on my local machine.. changes in the theme CSS ... custom plugins for PHPBB and again.. both WP and PHPBB are linked using WP-United.

But the problem comes when I try to import the existing data from the wordpress blog using the export function...

Firstly the file was heavy so importing it into WP was giving issues...
    So i tried the other way... Since the local blog and forum had no data in it whatsoever... I downloading the MySQL database of my WP and PHPBB from the live site and imported it into my local blog and forum.

But after importing my local blog and forum stopped working. It says there is some issues with the WP-United plugin and we need to reinstall... but I can't reinstall as i am not able to login either into WP or into PHPBB...

So in this situation what do you suggest...
    I am looking to redevelop the site and get it back running with the existing data... delete all the junk data with is not required.. categories, posts, users, everything ... so that it does not put loads on the server as well...

any suggestion guys...

pratik, Jun 16, 2010 IP