1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Referrals on a social network... recommended or not?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by marcvb, Apr 26, 2009.

Hello,

I launched a website recently and I'm now looking into the different types of marketing. I am launching a referral program soon which basically credits those who bring other members onto the website.

First off, I'll be adding an 'invite your friend' module as soon as you sign up to make it easier for people to tell others. From your experience, is there strictly need to offer something in return or do people use the 'invite a friend' anyway?

Also, I was thinking of emailing a few marketers with big email lists or blogs and offer them a deal in which they review my website on their blog/email newsletter and in return my website automatically tracks what members that blogger referred and credits them accordingly. I think this can be one of the best ways to increase my traffic and memberbase.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Marc

marcvb, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  2. marcvb

marcvb Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, do you guys have any idea where I can get a list of bloggers and email marketers to contact? Am willing to pay for the list!

Thanks
    Marc

marcvb, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  3. traian13

traian13 Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience you have to make them use the invite friend button. Look at hi5 for example ... if you don't invite your friends, everytime you log you get a message to invite your friends... They also ask you for your yahoo password ...

traian13, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  4. marcvb

marcvb Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't that a bit annoying though? Also, I need to keep in mind that not everyone's friends will be into blogging (the website is for bloggers). So maybe I can offer the option as a way to promote their own blog, rather than get new members into the website.

marcvb, Apr 27, 2009 IP