1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Registering a new company (UK)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by K4rl, Jan 18, 2015.

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up my own business, I'm currently creating a business plan and discussing marketing tactics before putting any money in to it.

I know that to become a Limited Company in the UK you need to register via companies house. The application is £15 and there are a few other things you need to do.

But where I'm confused is after this. Once you have a registered company, how do you go about submitting your revenue? Let's say, 6 months down the line I still have 0 customers (worst case scenario), what would I need to submit to HMRC, etc, as I'd still have overheads. Would it be best to start as a sole trader (for lower taxes) and become a limited company later on? Or is there too much hassle involved?

Thanks,
    Karl

K4rl, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  2. gogeebee

gogeebee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are a limited company, your personal assets would be protected. As a sole trader, if somebody sued you or whatever, your assets may be at risk.

gogeebee, Jan 20, 2015 IP