1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Replacing your website's forum with a Facebook Page/Group?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Pixelrage, Jan 31, 2010.

Just wanted to hear some opinions of this - I run a video site that is going on its 10th year this year. It has a forum that gets no attention (yes, after 10 years of being live) - if it gets one post per month, that's a lot.

With that being said, the site is almost done being rebuilt from the ground up. Would it be a good business move to ditch my vBulletin forum and direct everyone to my site's official Facebook Page instead? I would 301-redirect the forum to the front page (PR4 with a very small number of backlinks that I can go back and edit) and advertise the Facebook Page at the top of the site instead.

Any feelings about doing something like this?

The only negative thing I can see is if Facebook ever decides to ditch Pages in the future.

Pixelrage, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  2. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it will do better, facebook has more exposure and your forum already doesn't have a lot of posts. So yeah, i think its a good move.

FavouritesBlog, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  3. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Best Answers:
    I'd do both... You should put more effort into post on the forum and start the facebook page....

Sysbase, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys -

What are your feelings about replacing the site's "comments" feature on each page with a Facebook Connect or Disqus login instead? I noticed that some really big sites (including Mashable) have done this.

Pixelrage, Feb 1, 2010 IP