1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Resolving canonical issues (www vs non-www urls) with Site Executive CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Sharpseo, Jul 18, 2006.

In the past I've resolved this problem with a mod_rewrite. However, the site in question runs on Site Executive, a CMS that apparently messes with the URL structure in such a way you can't do the regular mod_rewrite via .htaccess. Here's what the webmaster said when I mentioned a mod_rewrite as a possible solution:

"Site Executive grabs control of the web server's entire behavior so you cannot manipulate such things using regular expressions."

Does anyone know if there is a work-around for this issue? The site is having some issues with getting the right version indexed (www instead of non-www). Lots of pages are also getting thrown in the supplemental.

Thanks.

Sharpseo, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    It should work fine.

Stick the code in your htaccess and see what happens.

mad4, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  3. seoguruji

seoguruji Peon

Best Answers:
    You can check with your hosting company and ask them to change the host header to that both URLs i.e. with www and without www lead to the same URL. i.e when someone types in without the www, it will redirect to the site with the www.

seoguruji, Jun 29, 2007 IP