1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Risk a Start a Business which is also a part of your Hobbies.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mikebudhani, Jan 1, 2014.

I am a traveler, I want to go into the same business. I have done lots of research on this but still have lots of questions left in my mind.
    The first question.

How I will generate leads?
    How much I will earn? If I target all Uttrakhand state which has lots of popular tourist destinations.
    How to Develop a unique website which help to expand my business and reach out to the customers?
    How much startup cost or money I need?

The most important question is

Is this just an attraction of travelling. So I am thinking to start this business?

mikebudhani, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  2. mikebudhani

mikebudhani Member

Best Answers:
    No Reply........... :(

mikebudhani, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  3. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well.. I see a lot of people open failed business just because it was "something they love". It's great to do something you enjoy even better to make money at it but just because you love something and good at it doesn't mean it will be profitable.

If something is profitable=has people spending money on it. Then their will be people already there taking that money. That is your competition, what will it take to top them ? how much money, time, struggle, etc ? The travel industry is usually extremely competitive.

If their is no one,, there is probably no money there.

I have been to many locations "off of the tourist trail" where entrepreneurs have created a destination and a market and now they own it. They usually had to buy a place and create a place for travelers to come.
    I also love traveling and have studied this business model because it can get a person out of the heavily competitive areas, but it takes money to buy or lease a place to make it happen.

averyz, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Since it is a hobby, you probably have other sources of income. That being the case, you should only "dip your toe" into the travel market. As avery says, if there is business potential, you will find people who want to spend money on the business. Take a small step (i.e., don't spend a lot of money on it) and see if there is a fair return on investment. If so, you can mover forward in that direction by investing more money and time. If it does make money for you, you can then try another approach. The key for a hobby business is to experiment and test while spending as little money as possible. By the way, you can reasonably justify spending your time on this as it is your hobby, anyway, so it is time that you enjoy.

Be careful, however, I have seen entrepreneurs turn their favorite hobbies into just another job and no longer enjoy the activity. From a pure lifestyle perspective, some hobbies are better left as hobbies.

jrbiz, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  5. steve1040

steve1040 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get goals - Here are a few basics
    1. Dedicate 1 hour a day to developing your project or business idea.
    2. Start the business once you've answered all of your questions.
    3. Maintain the business as part-time until the income from the part-time is equal to your full-time job.

steve1040, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  6. mikebudhani

mikebudhani Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for your advice'saveryz, jrbiz and steve1040.
    I am Getting $1000 Per month and its double is my budget to invest in the business. Meanwhile I'll handle and web related issue such as design, content writing and promote my website myself. The Problem is that I can't do both job and business together. I need to give time and make things easy moreover I'll also do the field work such as meeting with hotel owner and with field travel agents and Cab or taxi owner to give best and comfortable travel experience to visitors. I hope I could make this fruitful for me and I'll manage to earn more than my job.

If in Near future I'll make money from my business thus I will give you guys a free 1 week tour to Ranikhet Nainital and locations I am handling, and it depends on your mood too :)

mikebudhani, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  7. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like it's going to be a huge undertaking. I suggest you find a virtual assistant to do all the marketing work for you (with your instruction).

The capital would be less than $500 for sure (if you know what you do).

Chad Eztraffic, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  8. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    What exactly is the business going to do?

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  9. mikebudhani

mikebudhani Member

Best Answers:
    Virtual assistant will cost $500 for the marketing work??? But is am doing the most of it marketing research, I am also doing the job in the same field. I am working in a Travel company and a online marketing executive. Wanted to open business of a tour operator in my area...

mikebudhani, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  10. enac0

enac0 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you start your business and it fails, you will be exactly in the same place as you are now. As long as the start-up costs are minimal and you do it part time, working around your current job.

enac0, Jan 8, 2014 IP