1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RoboCopy Help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by capebretoner, Apr 12, 2005.

I just got a new computer and want to use my old one to keep back-ups, run a test server, etc.....I also want to be able to do back-up simply. So I thought I could use Robocopy. From reading online I know that it is just what I want but I haven't been able to find something that is beginner friendly. I don't want to go and delete a bunch of stuff by mistake. So does anybody know a beginner friendly site? Imagine that I have NEVER written a script or used a non-GUI program (both lies but I like to to start with stuff I already know :) )
    Thanks in advance

capebretoner, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  2. capebretoner

capebretoner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does no one here use this utility?

capebretoner, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Never heard of it, but if you explain what you are trying to do maybe someone can help you :eek:

anthonycea, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  4. capebretoner

capebretoner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am trying to set up a simple script such that when I attach my laptop to my home network I can mirror specific folders. This way I will be able to have the most up-to-date information on both machines.

RoboCopy is an internal untility with Win2000 and up (I think) that will allow you to run batch files from the command line to do this. However I am having problems getting it to work. :(

If anyone else out there has done this with another progam let me know

capebretoner, Apr 13, 2005 IP