1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RSS feeds for keywords in forums - Similar to the Yahoo Answers search subscription?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by dcrader@kent.edu, Dec 26, 2010.

Hello all, I was wondering if there is a way to subscribe to a RSS feed for the search function in forums around the web. For example with yahoo answers you can sign up to an RSS feed for all questions relating to a keyword that you specify. I was wondering if this was possible for a forums search engine?

I want to set up my Igoogle page to show me all posts at the forums I specify that mention my niche keyword. If their is any software or any method anyone has please let me know!

Thank you!

Why is my e-mail my username? Ahh I really dont like that

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
    dcrader@kent.edu, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  2. dcrader@kent.edu

dcrader@kent.edu Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, so I finally figured out this answer but I'm not sure its working. What I did was use google alerts and entered quarries in the following format.

Keyword site:example URL here

I have it updating as it happenes and I did it for every forum I was interested in. I then went to the forum and made a test post with the keyword I was attempting to get the feed for but I have not seen an update yet. Has anyone else used a method similar to this? Does it just take a little bit for the RSS feed to update?
    Thanks again!

dcrader@kent.edu, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  3. helpdesk

helpdesk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ya, it quite takes some time. Thats a good idea. Thanks.

To change your username, edit your profile..

helpdesk, Dec 28, 2010 IP