1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RSS From Access Database

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by nickjason, Mar 10, 2010.

I'm trying to create a xml file that automatically updates with all the entries from my Microsoft Access database. It seems like it should be an easy task, but I don't have much experience with xml at all.

My database is hosted online at www.***.com/fpdb/webeditor3.mdb and I just want to retrieve and display the Title and Description fields for all the items from a table in the database called Results.

Can anyone help me out to what the code to use for this is? Would this file be saved as .xml or .asp or .aspx or what? Also, the server I'm using doesn't support PHP, so any solutions using it wouldn't work.

nickjason, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  2. adamgrokov

adamgrokov Guest

Best Answers:
    You need to query your access database and than dynamically create your feed from database. It requires some programming but just look it up in google. I had to do this as my assignment in college back in a days.

adamgrokov, Mar 15, 2010 IP