1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sales frustrations and problems

Discussion in 'General Business' started by JPlatt, Nov 2, 2011.

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to stop by and read this.

I am reaching out to the forum to see what everyone's biggest frustrations or problems are with their business. Although I have been conducting research, I would like to narrow the frustrations down to problems that real people are having. What better way than asking you all? :)

Is your internet business slow? Not making much money? Unsure where to turn next with your business? Or maybe your customers are viewing your website, but just aren't buying? There are so many possible problems I have heard of out there. I figured this topic would make for a nice discussion about problems we face. Perhaps we can all help each other out once we get acquainted?

Again, I sincerely thank each of you for the time you take to read and respond to this posting.

JPlatt, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  2. nisha134

nisha134 Peon

Best Answers:
    hello dear. h r u?
    Iam agreed with your Idea to increase the business.So let us discuss On a topic How the way to increase business sale....

nisha134, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  3. nawawi

nawawi Peon

Best Answers:
    I do agree with you, and I appreciated to your opinion in sharing to solve our sales problems...

nawawi, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is this whole entire thread just a plug for your signature? Dude, get a life seriously. Either generally come here to help people or don't bother at all. If you've got something to sell BST it.

Seqqa, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  5. JPlatt

JPlatt Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it is not just a plug for my signature. I honestly want to find out more about real issues people are having. My hope was that I could develop a thread of people interested in talking about common problems and finding solutions. I do genuinely want to help people and I hope to learn as well in the process. I thought that is what this type of forum was all about...I did not intend to step on anyone's toes.

JPlatt, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  6. JPlatt

JPlatt Peon

Best Answers:
    I think one of the most common problems is communication. A lot of businesses have a hard time communicating effectively with their target audience. This can lie with the wording of advertisements, ineffective advertisements, or even using the wrong advertising medium.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

JPlatt, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  7. richestguy

richestguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Not making much money is the biggest frustation in business. 1 year of selling ebooks I only got $7 so far.

Another problem that make frustration is dealing with competition. If I find some good affiliate product, it always too competitive :(

richestguy, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  8. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    I am very surprised you kept to it after a year with only one sale. That takes commitment, and not many people stick to something that long to find out they only had one sale. My advice, is to stick with it and use different marketing strategies. Sales will always come in if someone puts work into it. Glad you are that type of person :)

TheDuke2011, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  9. richestguy

richestguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice, TheDuke2011 :)

Well, that's because I had habit of moving from one product to another product about 3 years ago. But that really wasted my time, and I didn't make sales at all. So I took advice from people to focus and starting to stick to one thing. I choose to stay with ebook sales at this moment because it resonate well with me. Well, as you said, maybe I should use different marketing strategies to increase sales ;)

richestguy, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  10. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    No problem, I used to be just like you actually. I moved from idea to idea if i found it didn't work within a number of months, i just never stuck to one thing. I had a partnership with a few others and we wrote unique ebooks that weren't saturated yet for certain keywords. We did alright, but partnerships on DP seem to never work out. It's much better to just stick with one thing rather than trying to do 10 things.

TheDuke2011, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  11. JPlatt

JPlatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Great discussion! I think it is better to stick with one thing as well. It is better to give your all on one project than spread yourself too thin on 10 different projects. It is important to focus on what you are passionate about.

As far as dealing with the competition...that can be a tough one. You need to find something that makes your ebook unique. What do you have to offer that the competition is lacking? More benefits, better pricing, faster results? You could also try changing a few things to see if it brings in better sales. For example, simply changing the headlines on your sales page (or your ebook title) could make a big difference. Similarly, you could try using different images and see if that affects sales at all. Try split-testing headlines, ebook descriptions, or images and see if that makes a difference.

JPlatt, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  12. JPlatt

JPlatt Peon

Best Answers:
    You also mentioned that not making much money is your biggest frustration. Amen to that! Perhaps you could try promoting your ebook by writing short articles for article submission sites? You could make a little money on the side and include a link to your ebook. Provide enough tidbits of information to entice your readers. Show them you have credibility by establishing your knowledge of the subject. Once people begin to see you as an authority on the subject they will be more interested in checking out your ebook as well. :)

This works because reading the articles you write is free for your prospects. People love free information! If you can prove that you have valuable information with free content, readers will begin to trust you more. Although it takes time you can increase the chances of making a sale. It sounds like you are quite determined and I believe you have what it takes! Good luck. :)

Any other common frustrations or problems? Maybe with advertising, copywriting, email marketing, et cetera?

JPlatt, Nov 8, 2011 IP