1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Save for Web by layer?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by herbshirt, Mar 18, 2010.

At the moment I use slices then Save for Web. To save each image that's on a separate layer I have to rename the slice for each image.

Say I have a bunch of images, each on a different layer and each of those layers are named. Whats the fastest way to save each of the layers separately?

Thanks,
    Herb.

herbshirt, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  2. herbshirt

herbshirt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Lemonsherbert,
    I'm surprised with PS. It seems web apps are evolving so fast, pity app like PS don't seem to so much. Maybe I'm being harsh.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out.

herbshirt, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  3. canadianguy_001

canadianguy_001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah photoshop doesnt really have a nice functionality for saving layers as files - I found that out the hard way when a colleague sent me a PSD file with the flag of every country in the world each on a separate layer, and asked me to create a gif for each flag. *smack*

It actually does have something kind of built in to do this... but its kind of slow...

Go File > Scripts > Export Layers to Files

As I recall this took a really long time to chug through each layer when i did it...

canadianguy_001, Apr 1, 2010 IP