1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

save graphic with a transparent background + the shadow effect

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by wicketywick, Oct 20, 2009.

I would like to save the text which I need to use on a website header as a link. The graphic could be saved as a png file with a transparent background but photoshop removes the shadows when I try to save it for the web.

I am using photoshop elements, which contains lot of features but not all.

Any tips?

edit: If I save using the regular "save as" option, I am able to save the graphic with the transparent background. I would like to know how that works with the "save for web" option.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    wicketywick, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  2. Rameez javed

Rameez javed Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey u can save it as GIF so u can get transparent background but fist get transparent background

Rameez javed, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  3. wicketywick

wicketywick Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks mate.

wicketywick, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  4. tdotn

tdotn Peon

Best Answers:
    hhmm. photoshop doesn't remove the shadows in PNG, unless that is the limitation with Elements, but if you want shadows, it is best to save it as PNG, it will look more crisp. saving it as GIF will give you jagged/pixelated edges around the smooth corners unless you apply a matte setting, which I think defeates the purpose of transparency

tdotn, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  5. Drdrip

Drdrip Peon

Best Answers:
    Save it a PNG-24 file in save for web and this will preserve the transparency and keep your drop shadow.

Drdrip, Nov 5, 2009 IP