1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Saving Images in Photoshop Problem

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by calisonder, Jun 28, 2009.

Hi,

Quick question. When I save an image in photoshop for the web such as a red square with the color #FF0000, and then reopen it, the image is no longer #FF0000, but slightly darker. I save as a .jpg at %100 percent quality and it still does this.

This isn't a HUGE deal or anything, but it often gets quite annoying trying to color match something on a website i'm building when I can't save my images to match exactly. I have to make them lighter then I want them, then save, and see if it matches, which it usually doesn't, so I repeat over and over till I get it right.

I am almost positive that I didn't have this problem until a few months ago. Does anybody have a suggestion that I can try, maybe I messed with my settings somewhere....IDN, but if anybody has an idea it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

calisonder, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  2. Neonic

Neonic Member

Best Answers:
    try uncheck "convert to sRGB" . You'll find it on preset panel when saving for web, click on arrow and you'll see.

Neonic, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  3. calisonder

calisonder Peon

Best Answers:
    wow thanks so so much, i knew it would be something easy like that....

calisonder, Jun 30, 2009 IP