1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

scammers ISPs telcos and registrars

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by classifieds, Mar 28, 2005.

I spend a considerable amount of time, emotion and money fighting scammers, scrappers, harvesters and assorted other scum (basically people or organizations with no ethics, morals or character). The rational is 15% because the scum cost me money and 85% because it really really chaps my a$% that these low-lifes are allowed to use the Internet with zero repercussion and cost me and my advertisers lost time and profits.

When I identify someone or an organization fitting the profile I take aggressive and immediate steps to stop them. I file complaints with their ISP, their registrar, their email provider (if they use a webservice), I file spamcop complaints and I use all of the blackhole email services I can find. If I get affiliate scam I’ll call the company and have the affiliate banned from their program.

Back in Feb. a SBC dsl account was harvesting emails off of my server. I blocked the IP address and filed a complaint with SBC’s NOC. The only abuse address I could find was off of their whois address.

Here’s my original email sent on February 24th, 2005:

BTW: I blocked the offending IP address.

Today I got a response back from them (March 28th,2005):

classifieds, Mar 28, 2005 IP