1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

script for "277k articles" database?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Supergeek, Sep 18, 2007.

Some weeks (or maybe months) ago I bought a pack of 280,000 articles from someone on here. It was a huge sql file, and didn't include a script to read it.

I just today got an article-related domain on the cheap, so I decided to pull up this huge database file and take a look at it.

I imported the articles into a database and I'm starting to look through the articles and I realize that they're not organized properly by category.

Here's the table layout:
    mysql> describe article_master;
    +---------------------+--------------+------+-----+------------+----------------+
    | Field               | Type         | Null | Key | Default    | Extra          |
    +---------------------+--------------+------+-----+------------+----------------+
    | article_id          | bigint(20)   | NO   | PRI | NULL       | auto_increment |
    | article_user_id     | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0          |                |
    | article_author      | varchar(100) | NO   |     |            |                |
    | article_snippet     | varchar(255) | NO   |     |            |                |
    | article_summary     | text         | NO   |     |            |                |
    | article_title       | varchar(100) | NO   |     |            |                |
    | article_category_id | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0          |                |
    | article_views       | bigint(20)   | NO   |     | 0          |                |
    | article_status      | int(11)      | NO   |     | 1          |                |
    | article_date        | date         | NO   |     | 0000-00-00 |                |
    | article_home_page   | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0          |                |
    | article_email       | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0          |                |
    12 rows in set (0.02 sec)

Code (markup):
    I started doing some listings by article_category_id, and maybe 80-90% of the articles within a category seem consistent, but some aren't.

For example, I did a listing of 10 articles from category ID 2. 8 of the 10 articles were about pets. 2 of them were about selling ebooks or something.

So, my question is:

- Has anyone else used this article database?
    - Did you receive a script with it?
    - Were you able to use the articles productively somehow?

I hate to just throw the articles away, but it would be very difficult, or at the least time-consuming, to winnow the wheat from the chaff.

Supergeek, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  2. riya_senk

riya_senk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have that script, PM me if you want it(free ofcourse :D )

riya_senk, Sep 19, 2007 IP