1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Script for sophisticated needs.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by rebrain, Jun 9, 2008.

Good day.
    After many times I have tried to create a good website that is somewhere near popular and after many times I have failed to do that i have come up with another idea for a website. Sometimes falling in a complete frustration and wanting to give up trying I want to make this one work.
    Everything I am good at up to this point is designing (i hope).

Here is my idea:
    Target audience: gamers (mostly from Europe).

Theme: serviced for gamer and clans. Like hosting, file hosting, TS hosting, game server hosting, sponsoring, finding a clan for gamers and organising clan wars for clans, gaming news etc...

The website will have News Section as well as Articles Section (which will contain something more than just news, it will be like a monthly magazine or some kind).
    I also need to have flexibility with the user fields (Name, Age, e-mail are the defaults on all CMS, but I will need something like "Favourite Game") the users should have the possibility to upload their Foto (Avatar) and to have their photo collection.
    It should be easy to integrate other scripts. For example by creating a Custom Page with a custom code on it.
    I would appreciate a popular script which has modules and addons for it, so that, if it will be needed, I could order a custom module/plugin whatsoever from a programmer that knows this particular CMS.
    I also need people to be able to create their own "pages" that contain some pictures or text. I need this because the clans may want to advertise themselves, by creating their own page with the server ip and some other data. The users must be also able to built groups/clans like we see on steam.

I also have a file hosting script already and I want to present it as one of our services. So as I already told i would like to be able to integrate some code in the design.

I have made the design I want to use, so I would like it to be easily ported. I have seen Webspell (webspell.org) and I is almost perfect for me, but It is for clan sites, not for the site building a community of many clans. I have also heard that webspell is not that good at security.
    Webspell hat a really easy way to port designs. You just need to add the code from webspell into some areas of the page. and you are done. just one file.

Another one is customcms.net i have not tried it but the features list looks impressive. If someone has any experience with it I will love to hear it.

SEO is also important, but it is more of a second step because I know I am asking too much already.

Thank you. Rebrain.

rebrain, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  2. kmap

kmap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How much is your budget

Regards

Alex

kmap, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  3. rebrain

rebrain Peon

Best Answers:
    It does not really matter.
    But the script should not be to0 expensive. 300 is more than enough.

I have 500euro for a start.

EDIT: I am reading very good things about Expression Engine.

rebrain, Jun 9, 2008 IP