1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Engine Friendly CMS for Rapid Deployment?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mtb, Nov 17, 2006.

Hi everyone.

I have been toying with the idea of using a CMS to help speed up the process of publishing content on my sites. I decided to install XOOPS this morning and having finally getting to grips with it's module system, it has occurred to me that is isn't very SE friendly at all.

A typical URL would be something like: /modules/news/article.php?storyid=1

If I was able to find a suitable CMS with SE friendly URL's, I think I could develop a system for rapid deployment. Meaning that I could get a site up and running within a few hours having prepared some generic modules / code beforehand.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

mtb, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  2. WiBu

WiBu Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on how extensive you want your CMS. I recommend starting with wordpress and just making the edits as you see fit. It's really powerful and flexible.

It also has SE friendly URLS built in, which are also highly customiseable.

WiBu, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  3. Fatsofa

Fatsofa Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using drupal rather successfully for a number of sites. It has a large number of modules similar to Xoops but it has much friendlier URLs.

Fatsofa, Nov 17, 2006 IP