1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selection tool issue

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Audun Nilsen, Mar 7, 2024.

Hi

I´m having a bit of difficulty with the selection tool.

In short, the magic wand and the quick selection tool both do the same thing - they select the entire image, and not just the white circle that I want.

The lasso-tool, works, sort of, but I can´t be using a tool like that for 1.000s of operations.

Any ideas ?

https://www.filemail.com/d/kkumxbuizemlqjd

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2024
    Audun Nilsen, Mar 7, 2024 IP
  2. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Magic want and Quick selection both are different tools and worked on different algorithms.
    I can't explain it here without showing you the example but I can suggest you to select that object you want to select.
    Select the magic want tool from the system tray and set the tolerance about 10 or lower and the zoom the image a little and click on the white space (on the letter 'W'). If if it selects the whole object then it's good or otherwise press the shift key and click on the remaining part.

The image is of lower quality and due to this you will face this issue. The best tool here is pen tool.

Sumit_Singh, Mar 12, 2024 IP
  3. Audun Nilsen

Audun Nilsen Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! That did it. I didn´t consider the tolerance-thing. Yeah, I don´t like the pen tool, for obvious reasons.

Audun Nilsen, Mar 13, 2024 IP