1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sell my Amazon affiliate sites or other alternative?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PiNG1434, Jul 18, 2011.

Hello,
    Quick question, what would be the best move? Since about 3 month ago, I've been buying domains and creating amazon affiliate niche sites, which has been generating small amounts of extra income here and there, but Amazon has left my state (California).

Now I'm wondering this:

1. Should I just sell the site as a whole?
    2. Sell just the domain?
    3. Wait until maybe Californians will get lucky and have Amazon come back? (or even maybe California will really break to North and South California than have Amazon come back to the south side... lol)

I know there are services that offer out of state "proxy" type of service, which has hefty price tag considering all my sites total don't generate near enough to justify it.

What do you guys guys recommend?

PiNG1434, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    1. change your amazon address to a non-California address
    2. Change your sites from amazon to prosperent which has huge catalog
    3. Sell your sites.

browntwn, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  3. PiNG1434

PiNG1434 Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh wow, thanks , I've never even heard of Prosperent, so that's basically alternative to amazon? Yeah, #1 is gonna be hard, Everyone I know and my relatives live in California (at least people's address that I can use). I'm very reluctant to sell my sites if all possible. I took so much great care in making them work.

Thanks for the advice.

4. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    commission junction & sharesales

jhardy2008, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  5. PiNG1434

PiNG1434 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys! yeah, the only down side to all the affiliate change for me is, i used amazon shop creating plugin for my wordpress (shopping carts, etc) which was very helpful in getting me started couple month ago. I'll take all the advice and think through! thanks!