1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling a Website with Content

Discussion in 'General Business' started by zaz102, Sep 18, 2013.

Hello,

My friends and I have created what we consider a greatly designed website for an unmet need, a centralized location for music information (like IMDb for music). However, when we finished building the site and began adding, content we lost steam due to busy professional and personal lives.

Is there a way to sell a site for cheap where we can keep a percentage? I feel like the site could be monetized easily if we had the time (and a little more knowledge), so I think a percentage would be more beneficial than money even.

zaz102, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  2. bubbba777

bubbba777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will give you one hundred thousand dollars for it simply because I like your name......... zaz102.

Who the hell is your friend? What is the website you're talking about?...... but most importantly why should anyone care???

You and your friend are probably going to go broke if you don't find a real job soon.

bubbba777, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  3. zaz102

zaz102 Member

Best Answers:
    Weird response.

My friend was the site and database designer. The website is Albumography.com. I think people would care about the site because it's one-stop site for people to see ratings of songs, albums, and artists. You can see every version of song including covers, remixes, and samples. See every band or feature a musician has been part of, etc, etc. If you like the site IMDb, you would like this site for music.

My friend is a professional website designer and I am a professional automation engineer. We both have jobs which is why we do not have time to focus on the site.

Any ideas on how to sell the site?

zaz102, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  4. BlvdJeremy

BlvdJeremy Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Well you could always put it up on the marketplace on this forum or a different forum. People sell sites all the time this way.

BlvdJeremy, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  5. amiluvu

amiluvu Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are lot of places to put your site for sale, some are paid, most of them are free for listings,,paid means they're not always good, the following sites, places are the best these days,,
    *Warrior Forum Completed Websites For Sale Section
     Digital Point Forum Site Section
     DnForum.com Developed Sites For Sale Section
     Experienced-People.net Forum Starter Websites For Sale Section
     WebsiteBroker.com
     Webmaster-talk.com/websites-for-sale
     Buysellwebsite.com
     Venforo.com
     Flippa.com

amiluvu, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  6. bubbba777

bubbba777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you ever heard of https://flippa.com/ ???

bubbba777, Sep 22, 2013 IP