1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling custom games...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by xtmx, Aug 14, 2012.

I own a website with simple javascript games that I built myself. I was messaged by someone asking to sell the games on the site to them.

When I said no, but I would be willing to make custom games, they asked me if I could duplicate the games on the site, but with different images.

Am I being paranoid, or is there something wrong with this?

Also, what should a javascript game programmer get per hour?

xtmx, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  2. allenzamora

allenzamora Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest that you do some research online if you want to find out more about the rate. oDesk.com would be a great place to start, considering that place has a lot of people with the same skill set as yours. Good luck! :)

allenzamora, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  3. backhost

backhost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do some research before you do any work for anyone or sell any of your games. Try to find out the basics of what you do but for working. Meaning what the cost is per hour, what is titled in the job. Write up some goals, its like building a business plan your going to have prepare yourself for the future and going to have to set goals for yourself.

backhost, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if someone is offering you money, then it sounds like your doing really well.

i think, whatever you charge has to be enough to help cover for the time that you spent developing it. Perhaps, offer them one price and If its custom graphics, for sure, give them the price for that as well.

I am not really familiar with the best way to earn, but i have seen places such as mochimedia where you can earn per gameplay. Its well worth your time to do more research and see what mochimedia offers to developers.

matt_62, Aug 15, 2012 IP